This month a special donation from overseas arrived at the Sorbian Museum in Bautzen.
It is a model from the “Wendish Bell”, which now stands on the campus of the Concordia University in Austin, Texas.
The original bell was brought in 1854 from pioneers and was produced by the foundry Gruhl in Kleinwelka. The bell hung in the tower of the The First Wendish Church (later St. Pauls Lutheran Church) in Serbin and was later brought to the Concordia College of Texas (nowadays Concordia University, Texas).
Soon it will enlarge the steady exhibtion as a reminiscence of the history of sorbian-wendish protestant emigrants of the 19nth century.
Many thanks to the generous donator – Dr. David Zersen, President Emeritus, Concordia University Texas!